We were so excited to photograph Daniela & Chris’s maternity session at Jockey Hollow Park in Morristown, NJ. It’s one of our favorite places to shoot, especially in the fall when the meadows are all overgrown.
After photographing their wedding back in 2018, it was honor to graduate them as “legacy clients” and continue to document their love story. Baby Enzo has already arrived since this session. And now, we can’t wait to do a family session and meet him!
When we connect with our couples, it’s so hard to let them go. Keeping up with their post-wedding lives feels like we are catching up with old friends.
Some tips for a maternity session:
1. Coordinate outfits with your partner. Just like an engagement session. Match without necessarily matching. Daddy-to-be is important, too!
2. Bring a second outfit. You don’t even have to wear the second outfit, but give yourself options. It can be hard to plan your outfit with constant weight fluctuations during pregnancy. Order maternity dresses from websites that allow free returns! That way you can also potentially order more than one size if you’re not sure what your size will be by the time of the session.
3. Bring comfortable shoes for walking around! I don’t think that needs an explanation, haha.
4. Bring props! Sonograms, blankets to sit on or wrap yourselves in, “welcome baby” or baby name signs, balloons, confetti.
5. Get your hair and makeup done! You have ENOUGH going on, the least you can do is pamper yourself so you feel super confident and sexy. This is still a romantic shoot, there’s just a bump in between the two of you. 🙂